AZSA Lease Revised
New Revision of the AZSA Lease
AZSA revised its standardized lease, strengthening provisions relating to limitation of value of stored property and emphasizing that partial payments do not halt the foreclosure process. The revised lease clarifies that new types of locks do not create bailment for self-storage: no bailment exists even if the operator has a key or access code to a tenant's lock, be it electronic, combination, or any other type of lock that may hit the market.
The vehicle addendum remains solid as is, with no revision necessary.
In early January, the revised eLease was emailed to AZSA eLease Owner/Operators who already paid their 2019 dues. If you manage a facility that uses the eLease but don't yet have the files, ask you Owner/Operator to forward them to you.
SiteLinkized files became available in late January and were emailed to all members who let us know they need the SiteLink versions.
If you do not have the most recent revision, dated 11/18, please let us know.
2019 AZSA Dues
AZSA dues were "due" on January 10 and the grace period ended January 31. Members who did not renew by that time no longer have access to AZSA members benefits, such as:
- Using AZSA lease, in any format (paper or electronic);
- Listing your auctions for free on the AZSA auction website to advertise them;
- Lien seminar video;
- Operational forms;
- Frequently Asked Questions;
- Free attendance at AZSA events, and discounted rates for the AZSA conference;
- Opportunity to seek operational and legal guidance from your team at AZSA.